Troubleshoot rtwlanu.sys Errors and Download File
Sometimes Windows system displays error messages regarding corrupted or missing rtwlanu.sys files. Situations like that can occur, for example, during a software installation process. Each software program requires certain resources, libraries, and source data to work properly. Corrupted or nonexistent rtwlanu.sys file can therefore effect in failed execution of the started process.
rtwlanu.sys file Realtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver 47807. The file was developed by for use with software. Here you will find detailed information about the file and instructions how to proceed in the event of rtwlanu.sys related errors on your device. You can also download rtwlanu.sys file compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 devices which will (most probably) allow you to solve the problem.Compatible with: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8
Fix rtwlanu.sys errors
|Description||Realtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver 47807|
|Program||Realtek WLAN Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter|
|Author||Realtek Semiconductor Corporation|
|System||Windows NT 32-bit|
|Copyrights||Copyright (C) 2014 Realtek Semiconductor Corporation|
|Language cod||English (U.S.)|
Most common rtwlanu.sys file related problems
There are various types of errors related to rtwlanu.sys file. rtwlanu.sys file may be located in wrong file directory on your device, may not be present in the system, or may be infected with malicious software and therefore not work correctly. Below is a list of most common error messages related to rtwlanu.sys file. If you encounter one listed below (or similar), please consider the following suggestions.
- rtwlanu.sys is corrupted
- rtwlanu.sys cannot be located
- Runtime Error - rtwlanu.sys
- rtwlanu.sys file error
- rtwlanu.sys file cannot be loaded. Module was not found
- cannot register rtwlanu.sys file:
- rtwlanu.sys file could not be loaded
- rtwlanu.sys file doesn't exist
Application could not be started because rtwlanu.sys file is missing. Reinstall the application to solve the problem.OK
Problems related to rtwlanu.sys can be addressed in various ways. Some methods are meant only for advanced users. If you don't have confidence in your skills, we suggest consulting a specialist. Fixing rtwlanu.sys file errors should be approached with utmost caution for any mistakes can result in unstable or unproperly working system. If you have the necassary skills, please proceed.
How to fix rtwlanu.sys errors in just few steps?
rtwlanu.sys file errors can be caused by various factors, so its is beneficial to try to fix them using various methods.
Step 1: Scan your computer for any malicious software
Windows files are commonly attacked by malicious software that prevents them from working properly. First step in addressing problems with rtwlanu.sys file or any other Windows system files should be scanning the system for malicious software using an antivirus tool.
If by any chance you don't have any antivirus software installed on your system yet, you should do it immediately. Unprotected system is not only a source of file errors, but, more importantly, makes your system vulnerable to many dangers. If you don't know which antivirus tool to choose, consult this Wikipedia article – comparison of antivirus software.
Step 2: Update your system and drivers.
Installing relevant Microsoft Windows patches and updates may solve your problems related to rtwlanu.sys file. Use dedicated Windows tool to perform the update.
- Go to the Windows "Start" menu
- Type "Windows Update" in the search field
- Choose the appropriate software program (name may vary depending on your system version)
- Check if your system is up to date. If any unapplied updates are listed, install them immediately.
- After the update has been done,restart your computer in order to complete the process.
Beside updating the system, it is recommended that you install latest device drivers, as drivers can influence proper working of rtwlanu.sys or other system files. In order to do so, go to your computer or device producer's website where you will find information regarding latest driver updates.
Step 3: Use System File Checker (SFC) tool
System File Checker is a Microsoft Windows tool. As the name suggests, the tool is used for identyfing and addressing system file related errors, including those related to rtwlanu.sys file. After an error related to%fileextension% file has been discovered, the program attempts to automatically replace the rtwlanu.sys file with properly working version. To use the tool:
- Go to the Windows "Start" menu
- Type "cmd" in the search field
- Locate "Command Prompt" result – don't run it yet:
- Click the right mouse button and select "Run as Administrator" option
- Type "sfc /scannow" in console prompt to start the program and follow the instructions
Step 4: Restoring Windows system
Another approach is to restore system to previous state, before the rtwlanu.sys file error occured. In order to restore your system, follow the instructions below
- Go to the Windows "Start" menu
- Type "System Restore" in the search field
- Start the system restore tool – it's name may differ depending on version of the system
- The application will guide you through the process – read the messages carefully
- After the process has finished, restart your computer.
If all the above-mentioned methods failed and the rtwlanu.sys file problem has not been resolved, proceed to the next step. Remember that the following steps are intended only for advanced users.
Download and replace rtwlanu.sys file
The last solution is to manually download and replace rtwlanu.sys file in appropriate folder on the disk. Select file version compatible with your operating system and click the "Download" button. Next, go to your web browser's "Downloaded" folder and copy the downloaded rtwlanu.sys file.
Go to the folder where the file should be located and paste the downloaded file. Below is the list of rtwlanu.sys file example directory paths.
- Windows 10: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtwlanu.inf_x86_be249151f378be48\
- Windows 8.1: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtwlanu.inf_x86_10a4e2562e1dbe58\
- Windows 8: 1: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtwlanu.inf_x86_10a4e2562e1dbe58\
If the steps did not solve your rtwlanu.sys file problem, you should consult a professional. A probability exists that the error(s) might be device-related and therefore should be resolved at the hardware level. A fresh operating system installation might be necessary – a faulty system installation process can result in data loss.
File versions list
|Example file location||C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtwlanu.inf_x86_be249151f378be48\|
|Example file location||C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtwlanu.inf_x86_10a4e2562e1dbe58\|
|Example file location||1: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netrtwlanu.inf_x86_10a4e2562e1dbe58\|